HOW I PLAN TO SAVE THE WORLD WITHIN 17520 DAYS

Am I a philanthropist in the making, an ideologist with plans that will change the world, a revolutionist awaiting a cause, a man armed with passion seeking to save humankind and the earth we are part of, or just a boy with a romantic view of how things should be, a dreamer hoping for an utopian world that will never be? I guess YOU will be the judge of that!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cheverly, United States

I'll get back to you with that, when i figure it out completely. (which means never)

Friday, June 13, 2008

Thoughts of a Neo-Patriot

I thought i coined this term, but you know what they say " Nothing is new under the sun"
Here is the definition of a Neo patriot according to someone's post on www.punkbands.com's forum.

"One might ask what a Neo Patriot is. That's easy: someone who is dedicated and committed to the liberation of one's self, society, government, environment and world. They are those who are not blinded behind racist barriers of national pride and superiority, but instead fighting for real change and progress! A Neo Patriot is one who is so deeply concerned with true justice that he or she will never stop to see truth and liberation prevail. Tired of listening to the same fascist fucks speak of "freedom", yet beat your ass for questioning their system? - SO ARE WE!!!"

Wow! I could not have defined it better. Power to the people!

I Wrote this on 7/22/2005. Probably inspired by my disaproval of our foreign policy.

Sometimes when I reflect on the state of the world, I think about how far we have advanced scientifically and technologically. I mean the technology that we have available to us today is amazing! And the magnitude of its possibilities would bewilder our ancestors of only a century away. Some of the knowledge today's common people have in all domains of life, including psychology, medicine and physics among others, eluded even the greatest the geniuses of the past. But what I really wondered and am struggling to figure out is whether we were advancing socially, ethically and morally.For example, I honestly believe that it is every American’s wish is that one day we will attain World Peace. But so many of us are misguided in how we should achieve this dream. We vote for a president who believes war is the solution to achieving peace (though some may argue that we didnt vote for him), who believes that we should sacrifice the environment we live and depend on just so we can get technological and economic benefits that future generations may not even be able to take advantage of. It’s like someone whose house is falling apart but whom instead of investing in its maintenance, insists on investing in new furniture and electronic products that will soon be ruined with the house.Also, our president doesn’t even care about providing aid to the poorest people in continents like Africa. Why would he? After all he ignores the poor in his own country.Instead we whine about the upcoming prosperity of self developed countries such as China and the effect of their affluence on our economy. It’s funny how China’s blooming economy seems to have become “l’Ordre du jour”, an imminent threat to our way of life and financial security. Maybe some wonder how God can bless America and then also bless another country. Is it that our greatness may be diminished by another’s success? "But we are leaders in the world! Maybe our place as leaders will be in jeopardy", some may remark.Leaders of what? Maybe leaders of a nation to whom no rules apply but at the same time to whom the enforcement of rules that are to their advantage is a primary concern. We are providers of aid with strings attached to those in need. Protectors of the weak and oppressed if they happen to have some way to pay us back, or if they provide us with a chance to exercise our secret vendetta against their oppressor. This is a few of the many reasons why sometimes I couldn’t help but to scoff at the futility of praying for world peace.Evidently we are not the only country responsible for the world as a whole, though when convenient we seem to act like we are. But we are indeed that most powerful nation in the world and with power does come responsibility. And sure there are other great nations who are even more insensitive to rest of the world's problems. But personally, those countries' approach to foreign policy is not of any concern to me. I am American and I love my country. And I feel that the best way to express the love you have for your country is to want to make it better, Matter of fact I believe it is my right and duty as a citizen.Today, however, I read an article that revived my optimism. The author stated a few things that sparked in me a realization that we just might be moving forward as a world consciousness. He reminded me that there was a time when the enslavement of another being was viewed as normal, when people felt no remorse in wiping out an entire race of human being just because they liked their land. And diseases were intentionally disseminated in attempt to achieve that goal. When atomic bombs whose incidental damages would expose millions of innocent human beings to radiations and would affect their future generations, were dropped… twice.So I guess there still is hope. But somehow I still feel like a utopian fool when I think about the possibility of World Peace…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home